Apple Mail and subfolders

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Jul 12 01:26:55 EEST 2020

On 11 Jul 2020, at 13:50, Filip Hajný <filip at hajny.net> wrote:

> I’ve created a test server and found out that the driving factor is what the namespace `separator` is set to. If set to /, Apple Mail gets confused and URL-encodes it when creating a new folder. If the separator is blank (as set by default) or set to e.g. a dot, everything works just fine.
>
> Based on example and docs I found, a slash character should be good or even recommended, suggesting this is some kind of bug in Apple Mail,  but I’m not versed enough in the IMAP related RFCs to understand.

Interesting. I have always and only used '.' For the IMAP separator. I believe this was either reacquired or the default way back when with cyrus and I never changed it.

--
Margo: P.S. We still hate you. but it's the twenty-first century. It shouldn't
       be this hard for a girl to get an evil demigod abortion.