Please Help me

Kishore Potnuru kishore.reachme at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 23:17:48 EEST 2020

Hi All,

I need to migrate the complete data & setup/environment from an old dovecot
environment to a new dovecot environment.

Old environment details:
========================

Linux OS        -  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)
Dovecot version -  2.0.9
Postfix version -  2.6.6

New Environment details: ( 2 systems)
========================

Linux OS        -  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.7 (Maipo)
Dovecot version -  2.2.36 (1f10bfa63)
Postfix version -  2.10.1

In the new environment, I have 2 servers. I have got 2 of the above servers
with above configuration and need to create HA/Resilience. I know there is
advanced versions in Redhat and Dovecot. As per my organisation's existing
support/policy, that is what maximum supported RHEL and official version of
dovecot as per RHEL 7.7.

Now my questions are:

1. I will stop the dovecot/postfix services on the server in old
environment. Is it possible to move/copy the complete configuration along
with data  (directories/sub-directories/users/groups/existing email in new
or cur folders/complete email domains along with complete structure) to the
other 2 servers in new env? Could you please suggest me the commands or
steps follow that?

2. Now, With the above 2 servers, I would like to create the HA/Resilience.
I know there is a Replication options which are there. Could you please
provide me the steps/video, how it needs to be done?

I have got the systems and I need to move/copy the environment to a new
environment and create the HA/Resilience. I am not sure, how to proceed and
what needs to be done clearly? I am stuck here.

Please help me in this step by step procedure.

Thanks,
Kishore Potnuru