Static users and doveadm

Antonio Leding tech at leding.net
Mon Jul 13 22:30:18 EEST 2020

Hello Dovecot users…

I wanted to ask is using a static userdb will cause issues with some of the account and user related doveadm commands?  If so, any suggestions on how to use doveadm in such a configuration?

I have pasted both the cmd + error and userdb config below — Thanks in advance…

sudo doveadm mailbox list -A

Error: auth-master: userdb list: User listing returned failure
doveadm: Error: Failed to iterate through some users

userdb {
    args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/var/vmail allow_all_users=yes userdb_warning_disable=yes
    driver = static
}