Outlook vs Thunderbird

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Jul 16 05:16:19 EEST 2020

On 16/7/20 5:54 am, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>>> FWIW I meant if the client is Windows7/old-Outlook then changing
>>> either 993/SSL or 143/STARTTLS to 143/NONE could help pick up the
>>> mail.
>
> windows 7 just need tls 1.0, why its need to disabled all, is as well
> beyong me, do not disable tls 1.0 in dovecot aslong one have windows
> 7 clients

Would anyone with Windows7 clients be able to provide me with the
EXACT set of ssl_* settings that should work with W7 please?

I tried for a week with various combinations but nothing worked short
of disabling SSL altogether. These are the remnants of some attempts...

# 20200531 suggested by Aki Tuomi
#ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1.0
#ssl_ciphers = ALL:!LOW:!SSLv2:!EXP:!aNULL

# https://ssl-config.mozilla.org OLD
# openssl dhparam -dsaparam 1024 > /etc/dovecot/dh.pem
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers = yes
#ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1
#ssl_cipher_list = ECDHE-ECDSA****

# https://ssl-config.mozilla.org MEDIUM
# openssl dhparam -dsaparam 2048 > /etc/dovecot/dh.pem
#ssl_prefer_server_ciphers = no
#ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1.2
#ssl_cipher_list = ECDHE-ECDSA****

~ dovecot --version
2.3.7.2 (3c910f64b)

Apologies to the OP for hijacking this thread.

--
Mark Constable
0419 530 037