Stuck here - help please

Kishore Potnuru kishore.reachme at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:59:45 EEST 2020

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for the details. As per your suggestion, I have made the changes
to dovecot.conf file. Still I don't see any replication is happening.
Please see the dovecot.conf file.

I do not see "/etc/dovecot/conf.d/12-replication.conf" in my servers. So I
had put everything  in the dovecot.conf file only. Please see the complete
data in it below. The below data is in server A. In other server (server B)
Also I have the same configuration, except mail_replica line and it is
pointing to the other server like, " mail_replica =
remote:vmail at bal3200dev001.testorg.com ".

I have generated/configured the ssh keys also for vmail user in both
servers. Now When i manually ssh to the server, it is not asking for a
password.

=====================
=====================
disable_plaintext_auth = no

listen = *
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
#mail_location = maildir:/z1nfs/mail/virtual/%d/%n/Maildir/
mail_location = maildir:/z1devenv/mail/virtual/%d/%n/Maildir/
passdb {
        args = /etc/dovecot/passwd
        driver = passwd-file
        }

pop3_uidl_format = %g
protocols = pop3 imap

#ssl = yes
#ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
#ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem

userdb {
#        args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/z1nfs/mail/virtual/%d/%n
        args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/z1devenv/mail/virtual/%d/%n
        driver = static
        }

mail_debug = yes
verbose_ssl = no

# Enable the replication plugin globally
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify replication

service replicator {
  process_min_avail = 1
}

dsync_remote_cmd = ssh -l%{login} %{host} doveadm dsync-server -u%u
plugin {
  mail_replica = remote:vmail at bal3200dev002.testorg.com
}

service aggregator {
  fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
    user = vmail
  }
  unix_listener replication-notify {
    user = vmail
  }
}

service replicator {
  unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
    mode = 0600
    user = vmail
  }
}

replication_max_conns = 10

Am i missing anything here? Please guide me.

Thanks,
Kishore Potnuru