Namespace issues & duplicate maiboxes

Sami Ketola sami.ketola at dovecot.fi
Fri Jul 17 22:43:11 EEST 2020

> On 17. Jul 2020, at 22.32, Antonio Leding <tech at leding.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am seeing duplicate mailboxes when I perform the “doveadm mailbox list” command…the output is as follows:
>
> =================
>
> INBOX
> INBOX.Drafts
> INBOX.Trash
> INBOX.Sent

These are the folders that your configuration has autocreated for the user.

> INBOX.INBOX
> INBOX.INBOX.Sent Messages
> INBOX.INBOX.Drafts
> INBOX.INBOX.Trash
> INBOX.INBOX.Deleted Messages

These are the folders that your user has created by himself.

> Here is namespace config that seems to have caused the above duplicates.  Please help me understand what I’m doing wrong here…and also, not sure if this is relevant but the client is Apple Mail…

When you connect to the imap port of your server, does the server CAPABILITY advertise SPECIAL-USE support? Mail.App will create those folders if SPECIAL-USE is not advertised and there was bugs at some point that stopped dovecot from adding SPECIAL-USE to the CAPABILITY string even after special_use folders were in config.

Sami