Sieve and handling multiple addresses

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Jul 19 13:58:32 EEST 2020

On 18 Jul 2020, at 11:23, Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> wrote:
> On 12/07/2020 22:47, @lbutlr wrote:
>>> to, cc can be one single header test
>>>
>>> https://p5r.uk/blog/2011/sieve-tutorial.html
>>>
>>> allof will force all headers to match, and thus it will not always work if foo is not in both
>>>
>>> will this solve it ?
>> That is helpful, but I still do not see how to test for "email has anndress other than this address". If I simply say the address does not contain the address, then to will not match any mail that is sent to both foo at ewxample.com AND to another unknown email.
>
> Maybe you could use the ":count" match from the "relational" extension to check whether more than one address is contained in a header field when the recipient address is already present. This doesn't address the weird situation where the recipient address is listed more than once though.

I'll look into that, thanks. (I don't often see doubled email addresses, in fact not sure I ever have, so that may be an edge case I can safely ignore).

This is what I have right now for testing. I assume there is at least on syntax error in here 😃

if address :is :localpart ["to", "cc"] "kremels" {
        if allof (address :count "ge" :comperator "i:ascii-numeric" ["to", "cc"] 2,
                (not exists ["list-id","mailing-list" "x-loop"] )
        {
                fileinto :create "listCC"
        }
}

So as I read this, if the list address is not in to or cc, then abort, otherwise, check if there is more than one address specified, AND there are no list headers, file it in a specific mailbox.

Not exactly what I want to do eventually, but enough for testing at this point.

--
Be careful what you wish for. You never know who will be listening.
	Or what, for that matter.