solr and dovecot-2.2.36.4

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Tue Jul 21 01:42:30 EEST 2020

On 7/17/2020 3:23 AM, Maciej Milaszewski wrote:
> I try schema.xml and solrconfig.xml from working solr-6.6.5 (dovecot)
> "dovecot:
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> Error initializing QueryElevationComponent"

That looks like a Solr error.  This list is not really the right place
to get help on it ... but I have a lot of general experience with Solr,
so I can try.

The error will be a LOT longer than this, probably dozens of lines that
show a complete java stacktrace.  I will need that additional detail to
make any determination about what went wrong.

You can generally find the additional detail in the solr.log file or one
of its rotated cousins.  Exactly where this log file lives will vary
depending on how you installed Solr.

If you are looking at the error on the "Logging" tab of the Solr admin
UI, you can open the additional detail by clicking the little "i" icon
on the log entry.  Be aware that it will close again VERY quickly -- so
looking at the log file is usually a better option.

When I look at the solrconfig and schema available on the wiki page you
linked, I do not find the word "elevation" in either file.
QueryElevationComponent should not be necessary for a dovecot index.  I
am guessing that your config contains some reference to it, and for a
reason that I do not know at this time, initialization is failing.

Based on the limited information available, this would be my suggested
course of action:  Wipe and rebuild the index using the solrconfig and
schema found on the wiki page (which contain no mention of the elevation
component), and then ask dovecot to force a full reindex.

It is *VERY* possible that if you provide additional information that my
suggested course of action will change.

Thanks,
Shawn