Trying to use solr

Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay r_f at med-lo.eu
Wed Jul 22 20:13:47 EEST 2020

Hi,

I am finally trying to use an fts engine with dovecot. My version is
2.3.7.2 under Ubuntu 20.04.

I installed solr 7.7.3 and then 8.6.0 to see if this was a
version-related error. I copied the schema from 7.7.0 as many people
said this was fine.

I get the following error when trying to reindex a user's mailbox:

doveadm(francis at francisaugusto.com): Error: fts_solr: Indexing failed:
400 Bad Request
doveadm(francis at francisaugusto.com): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Transaction
commit failed: FTS transaction commit failed: backend deinit
doveadm(francis at francisaugusto.com): Debug: auth-master: conn
unix:/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb: Disconnected: Connection closed
(fd=10)

On Solr I get this error:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Exception writing document id
210/9fd7941e8297d25d91600000c3fdd3da/francis at francisaugusto.com to the
index; possible analysis error: cannot change field "box" from index
options=DOCS_AND_FREQS_AND_POSITIONS to inconsistent index options=DOCS
    at
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:246)

Parallel to this, I got some log messages on Solr before attempting to
reindex the user (sorry for the garbadged text:

 		TIME (LOCAL)
 		LEVEL
 		CORE
 		LOGGER
 		MESSAGE

 		7/21/2020, 6:38:47 PM
 		WARN false
 		x:dovecot
 		SolrResourceLoader
 		Solr loaded a deprecated plugin/analysis class [solr.TrieLongField].
Please consult documentation how to replace it accordingly.

 		7/21/2020, 6:38:47 PM
 		WARN false
 		x:dovecot
 		SolrResourceLoader
 		Solr loaded a deprecated plugin/analysis class
[solr.SynonymFilterFactory]. Please consult documentation how to replace
it accordingly.

 		7/21/2020, 6:38:47 PM
 		WARN false
 		x:dovecot
 		SolrResourceLoader
 		Solr loaded a deprecated plugin/analysis class
[solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory]. Please consult documentation how to
replace it accordingly.

 		7/22/2020, 6:43:46 PM
 		ERROR false
 		x:dovecot
 		RequestHandlerBase
 		java.lang.IllegalStateException: Type mismatch: uid was indexed as
SORTED_NUMERIC

 		7/22/2020, 6:43:46 PM
 		ERROR false
 		x:dovecot
 		HttpSolrCall
 		null:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Type mismatch: uid was indexed
as SORTED_NUMERIC

 		7/22/2020, 6:43:49 PM
 		ERROR false
 		x:dovecot
 		RequestHandlerBase
 		java.lang.IllegalStateException: Type mismatch: uid was indexed as
SORTED_NUMERIC

 		7/22/2020, 6:43:49 PM
 		ERROR false
 		x:dovecot
 		HttpSolrCall
 		null:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Type mismatch: uid was indexed
as SORTED_NUMERIC

 		7/22/2020, 6:43:56 PM
 		ERROR false
 		x:dovecot
 		RequestHandlerBase
 		java.lang.IllegalStateException: Type mismatch: uid was indexed as
SORTED_NUMERIC

 		7/22/2020, 6:43:56 PM
 		ERROR false
 		x:dovecot
 		HttpSolrCall
 		null:java.lang.IllegalSta

Could anyone point me the right direction to make this work?

Best,