Replicating to an older version

Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay r_f at med-lo.eu
Fri May 1 00:01:45 EEST 2020

Hi everyone,

I have two servers running dovecot, both at version 2.2.33.2. One is a
an mx-backup and they replicate to each other.

I am moving the main server to a new VPS instance, and I'm planning the
move carefully, including running dovecot on a container (Docker).

I am basing my container on Ubuntu 20.04, and the dovecot that installs
is the 2.3.7.2.

My question is: will replication work ok once configured? Reading the
documentation for version upgrade there was nothing on this. I will
eventually upgrade the "slave" server, but it might take a few weeks.

Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Francis