Dovecot LDAP/AD with exim as mta

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon May 4 22:57:03 EEST 2020

Am 04.05.2020 um 17:39 schrieb Benoît PELISSIER:
> Hi,
>
> I have done configuration dovecot/exim/samba4ad.
>
> I use dovecot-lda not exim to deliver mail.
> And dovecot to authentify users.
>
> I have users with mail address on AD. When i sent mail to user mail
> address, its working.
>
> I have distribution group or group with mail address on AD and users as
> member of this groups. But when i send mail to group mail address, its
> not working
>
> Dovecot-lda can do it ?
> Or i need do it with exim (or postfix) ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Benoît

You will have to configure your MTA exim to properly resolve the group
mail addresses to their individual participants. How else would you be
able to verify valid recipients by your MTA and not accept random spam?

There exists propably documentation how to configure exim to query the
active directory with ldap statements.

Alexander