SV: Marking all emails in "Trash" as opened, and also prohibiting email clients from creating new ma

Sebastian Nielsen sebastian at sebbe.eu
Sat May 9 20:33:26 EEST 2020

I tried with following:

require ["imap4flags"];
if not hasflag :is "\\Seen" {
setflag "\\Seen";
}

And then this in plugins.conf:

plugin {
  sieve_plugins = sieve_imapsieve
  imapsieve_mailbox1_name = Trash
  imapsieve_mailbox1_before = file:/etc/dovecot/sieve/trash.sieve
}

It works in outlook, the mail is opened (mark as read) when it goes to
trash.
But in Samsung Email it doesn't work.
(or it works when I select in Samsung email, "Move to Folder" and then
"Trash", but if I select "Delete", the mail is trashed without becoming
read)

(I have checked, the sieve script gets executed)