Ms Exchange vs dovecot

Michael Hirmke mh at mike.franken.de
Tue May 12 16:45:00 EEST 2020

Hi Robert,

>Hi, sorry for top post
>but short answer is ,there is no exchange without outlook, that is what
>makes exchange a good "groupware solution", on windows only.
>So compare it to dovecot makes only small sense.....

you can use Exchange with pure IMAP clients, too, but then you lose all
groupware functionality, because it doesn't offer any DAV interface.

But: You can use  a few Linux clients, that support EWS (Exchange Web
Services) and don't lose groupware functions. I tested Kontact and
Evolution - and both worked fine.

Bye.
Michael.
--