FTS-lucene errors : language not available for stemming

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Tue May 19 17:18:43 EEST 2020

On 2020/05/19 17:04, Aki Tuomi wrote:

>     On 19/05/2020 16:48 Stuart Henderson <stu at spacehopper.org> wrote:
>

>     On 2020-05-19, David Gessel <gessel at blackrosetech.com> wrote:
>
>         I'm getting some log errors with clucene that I am having no luck tracking down on the
>         interwebs.
>
>     This looks relevant:
>
>     https://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg66366.html
>

>         I am considering switch to xapian (solr and java... pls noe) as the
>         port is quite tempting from an ease of integration perspective, but the
>         easiest solution would be to resolve these odd indexing errors.  Anyone
>         have a clue?
>
>     dovecot-fts-xapian is easy to configure, but has a big downside compared
>     to solr in that the indexer runs as root.
>
> Dovecot indexer does not run as root.
>
> ---
> Aki Tuomi

It does in the not entirely uncommon case where you have setup
dovecot-fts-xapian, have multiple system users rather than a single
uid owning all mailboxes, and need to index all mailboxes.

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE     WAIT      TIME    CPU COMMAND
44468 root       2    0   11M   18M sleep/6   netio     1:41 68.36% doveadm index -A *

With solr the indexing is done out-of-process and typically under a
safe uid.