Simple backup of maildir folder

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun May 31 11:35:53 EEST 2020

On 29 May 2020, at 23:49, Admin Beckspaced <admin at beckspaced.com> wrote:
> I also have maildir as mailbox format and use the following script to do daily backups
>
> https://github.com/tachtler/dovecot-backup

A couple of notes on this quite useful script:

My mktemp does not support -p (FreeBSD 12.1) is I had to change the script to:

DIR_TEMP=$($MKTEMP_COMMAND -d $TMP_FOLDER -t $SCRIPT_NAME)

Which gives a temp folder along the lines of

/tmp/dovecot_backup.IiZ00GyZ

I also changed the various date strings to date -Iseconds and date -R for the mail handling since the format in the script is not to spec, using

Fri, 29 May 2020 23:49:31 (-0600)

Instead of the

 -R, --rfc-email
              output date and time in RFC 5322 format. Example: Mon, 14
              2006 02:34:56 -0600

--
FRIDAYS ARE NOT "PANTS OPTIONAL" Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF23