v2.3.11.3 solr plugin search via MUA fails to match accented ascii characters; cmd line exec of `doveadm fts lookup` PANICs (assertion failed) [proposed patch]

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:21:45 EET 2020

On 11/2/20 9:03 AM, John Fawcett wrote:
> the panic on doveadm fts lookup is to be expected and solved by my
> previous patch.

snip

all noted.

atm, I've managed to get solr-backend indexing, and cmd-line searchable with doveadm, correctly finding the unfolded, accented characters in my 'test'.
so for my 'admin' needs, that's good enuf for now.

waiting for your patch to get picked up into what seems like a new-release-coming-soon(ish) seems a good idea.  i'll likely spin up a dovecot/master DIY-build to explore, anyway.

and, it's all somewhat moot for end-users using TBird in that its backend server-side search is broken anyway.

time to take a pause and leave it alone for a bit.

thx!