Recommended Protocols?

Raymond Herrera raymond at forcewise.com
Tue Nov 10 08:26:18 EET 2020

Good. I am going to focus on the IMAP configuration and worry about SMTP
later.

The following is the relevant documentation.

This is very straightforward:

https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/ssl/dovecot_configuration/

My file 10-ssl.conf is untouched.

However, this is the part that I would like to better understand:

https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/ssl/certificate_creation/

Before creating my own certificate (which I have done in the past for my
old server), I am curious. Is there anything wrong with the one that
comes with the distribution?

ssl_cert = < /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = < /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem

As I stated before, I am attempting to achieve the simplest installation
possible which will be later tightened.

Thanks!