SSL alert number 42

Raymond Herrera raymond at forcewise.com
Tue Nov 10 23:02:02 EET 2020

That is good to know. I was working on the wrong assumption, attempting
to create a client certificate on the Windows/Thunderbird side.

I am using the SSL Certificate that comes with the distribution, so the
conclusion is Thunderbird does not trust it.

I have this in my notes from ages ago, for generating my own self-signed
certificate:

% openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 -sha256 -keyout openssl.key -out
openssl.crt -days 600 -config san.cnf

See attached the 2 errors that I am getting, one is from the
distribution cert.

Can a kind soul tell me the current way to do this in Linux?

Perhaps I should use a free service? Which?

TIA

Raymond