SSL alert number 42

Raymond Herrera raymond at forcewise.com
Wed Nov 11 01:10:15 EET 2020

I found out that the concatenation is simply text based here:

https://whatsmychaincert.com

And am making progress. This is the latest error message:

"dovecot: imap-login: TLS: SSL_read() failed: error:SSL
routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48"

It seems that I need a cert with a better reputation?

I should follow Arjen's advice:

 > In most cases, Letsencrypt will work just fine.

Either that, or fork a few bucks for a commercial SSL Certificate.

Raymond