Fwd: Trying to install certbot on CentOS

Raymond Herrera raymond at forcewise.com
Thu Nov 12 19:45:18 EET 2020

On 11/12/2020 10:44 AM, Raymond Herrera wrote:

> Following the advice obtained here, I am trying to get a LetsEncrypt
> certificate.
>
> These are the instructions:
>
> Step 1:
> https://snapcraft.io/docs/installing-snapd
>
> Step 2:
> https://certbot.eff.org/lets-encrypt/centosrhel7-apache
>
> My problem is this error message:
>
> # snap install --classic certbot
>
> error: system does not fully support snapd: cannot mount squashfs
> image using "squashfs": mount:
>        /tmp/sanity-squashfs-881328484: failed to setup loop device: No
> such file or directory
>
> Apparently, RedHat/CentOS are not supporters of snap.
>
> TIA
>
> OS: CentOS 7

Thanks to Leonardo and Michael,

I have made some progress. The snaps application is not supported by
RedHat/CentOS. The solution is simple,  just use:

# yum install certbot

The new error message is this:

# certbot certonly --apache

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The requested apache plugin does
not appear to be installed
The requested apache plugin does not appear to be installed

I am trying to find which is the "requested apache plugin". The log
mentions "authenticator".

I am hoping that an Apache Certificate will be useful for Dovecot.