submission message quota

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Sep 3 02:42:03 EEST 2020

On 20/08/2020 09:20, Gerry wrote:
> On 8/20/20 2:56 PM, Admin Beckspaced wrote:
>> If postfix is handling your submission service you can have a look at
>> postfwd
>>
>> https://www.postfwd.org/
>>
>> I use it to limit sending of emails, recipients, etc, etc
> Thanks for the suggestion!
>
> I am using Postfix as the relay host behind dovecot-submissiond.
> Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, submissiond does not seem
> to be able to add the SASL username to the message headers, so I don't
> have a good way to distinguish sending users on the relay server.

Add the SASL username to the message headers? The standard way of doing
this is passing it through the AUTH parameter to the MAIL command. The
Dovecot submission service supports this if Postfix announces the AUTH
capability. I think the Postfix XCLIENT login field could achieve
something similar, also provided that the XCLIENT capability with the
LOGIN field is announced.

I haven't seen it being passed in a header so far.

Regards,

Stephan.