Cannot load key: Invalid dovecot key version

Mrinal Sharma msharma at smithmicro.com
Wed Sep 16 17:40:34 EEST 2020

Thank you for this valuable suggestion. Validation worked with JWK format. I feel documentation should be updated with this information. Also "username_attribute" field in  dovecot-oauth2.plain.conf.ext is need to be set for username validation.

My configuration:
File: dovecot-oauth2.plain.conf.ext
introspection_mode = local
use_grant_password = no
debug = yes
username_attribute = user_name
local_validation_key_dict = fs:posix:prefix=/etc/dovecot/keys/

Copy .JWK public key to folder /etc/dovecot/keys/default/RS256/default if there is no azp element in token body, then default is used and there is no kid element in token header.

Thanks,
Mrinal