extra fields question

joao at 7lan.net joao at 7lan.net
Sat Sep 19 17:25:34 EEST 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the use of plugins per user in dovecot, more
specifically, fts and fts_solr. It happen to have other necessary
plugins per protocol, for example "imap_quota" which would be
specifically for the imap protocol and which does not apply for the lmtp
protocol.

For this I need to specify that for the imap protocol I have:

protocol imap {
   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota zlib imap_sieve mail_log notify
}

and for the lmtp protocol I have:

protocol lmtp {
   mail_plugins = quota zlib fts fts_solr sieve
}

I did it according to the "extra fields" documentation and separated the
name and key with /. My queries are correct but are not being applied to
dovecot. Then in the case when the user has fts fts_solr he returns:

procotol/imap/mail_plugins -> quota imap_quota zlib imap_sieve mail_log
notify fts fts_solr
procotol/lmtp/mail_plugins -> quota zlib sieve fts fts_solr

but it does not work. Doing it for "mail_plugins" (without accessing
config levels) extra fields works, but it also enable some plugins that
are not compatible with some protocols.

I thought about separating an instance of dovecot lmtp on the same
server, but I would like a more direct configuration in the same
instance. Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks in advance.