At a loss with antispan and imap_sieve

Bernardo Reino reinob at bbmk.org
Mon Sep 21 11:11:45 EEST 2020

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020, Ferenc wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply! I tried /tmp/debug.log, world-writeable,
> but no dice.
>
>> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/howto/antispam_with_sieve
>
> I followed the setup here. I think it works up until the external script
> is called (pipe :copy "sa-learn-ham.sh"). That's why I tried echo hi >>
> /tmp/file. I guessed the scripts run as vmail, my virtual mail user, so
> I tried sudo -u vmail retrain.sh. This works. I can see the sieve script
> run in the log but my guess is the external script never runs. I'd like
> to try strace to see where things go when calling the external script
> but I don't know where to even start putting strace -o.

You may want to check your sieve_pipe_bin_dir setting in dovecot.conf.
AFAIK the program/script you call via "pipe :copy ..." must be located in
the directory defined by sieve_pipe_bin_dir.

At least I remember having issues calling rspamc in my report-ham and
report-spam scripts, which was (apparently) solved after I set:
 	sieve_pipe_bin_dir = /usr/bin

You can also use "debug_log" to output stuff from your sieve scripts into
the syslog (don't forget to require "vnd.dovecot.debug" though..)

Good luck.