At a loss with antispan and imap_sieve

Bernardo Reino reinob at bbmk.org
Mon Sep 21 15:37:18 EEST 2020

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020, Aki Tuomi wrote:

>> On 21/09/2020 11:11 Bernardo Reino <reinob at bbmk.org> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> You may want to check your sieve_pipe_bin_dir setting in dovecot.conf.
>> AFAIK the program/script you call via "pipe :copy ..." must be located in
>> the directory defined by sieve_pipe_bin_dir.
>>
>> At least I remember having issues calling rspamc in my report-ham and
>> report-spam scripts, which was (apparently) solved after I set:
>>  	sieve_pipe_bin_dir = /usr/bin
>>
>> You can also use "debug_log" to output stuff from your sieve scripts into
>> the syslog (don't forget to require "vnd.dovecot.debug" though..)
>>

> It is not necessarely a good idea to use /usr/bin here... =)

AFAIK the "pipe" command does not allow to specify /a/full/path (according
to https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Pipe it refuses "/"
in program names), but I needed to call /usr/bin/rspamc, so that's why I
did it that way.

I suppose a "cleaner" way would be to use another sive_pipe_bin_dir and
place a script there which calls the actual command.

I'll keep that in mind and test it someday. I never liked the possibility
of a random sieve script calling something I cannot control (even if
non-root, and even if the server is exclusively for family e-mail, blah
blah.. :)

Thanks for the reminder!
Bernardo