Vacation sieve explained: how does it work?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Sep 23 17:52:22 EEST 2020

On 23 Sep 2020, at 14:29, Marc Roos <M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu> wrote:

> You can do whatever you like, as long as the result is this 'text' file.
> I have also bash file that modifies this file for users. You can make a
> 5 min cron job that detects changes in ldap and then creates the sieve
> rule.

I've tried the cronjob approach before, and people didn’t like the delay.

I have found the extra fields being queried from the userdb,

user_attrs = mailMessageStore=home=%$,=mail_auto_reply_mode=%{ldap:mailAutoReplyMode},=mail_auto_reply_text=%{ldap:mailAutoReplyText}

Is it possible to confirm how the mail_auto_reply_mode variable would be available in sieve? Is it just a case of referring to ${mail_auto_reply_mode} or is there more to it than that?

Regards,
Graham
—