AW: Importing Mail

rudolf at padaru.de rudolf at padaru.de
Thu Sep 24 17:00:39 EEST 2020

Hey,

for an import between two servers i would use imapsync. With doveadm flag (https://wiki.dovecot.org/Tools/Doveadm/Flags) you can mark the mails as unseen but be careful here, you can simple overwrite all other flags here too, maybe an other way is better here.

With doveadm backup / doveadm sync you can convert the mails between the formats like this way:

dsync backup -u "<user>" maildir:~/maildir-NEW

after converting the mails you can rename the mdbox folder to mdbox-OLD or something (backup) and rename the maildir-NEW folder to maildir

Yours sincerely

Pascal Rudolf