Sv: Avoid duplicate emails in the sent folder

Sebastian sebastian at sebbe.eu
Sun Apr 4 14:04:26 EEST 2021

I have a sieve filter called "sent.sieve"

Where I just do this:
discard;

Then in sieve settings:

plugin {
  sieve_plugins = sieve_imapsieve sieve_extprograms
  sieve_global_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.execute
  sieve_execute_bin_dir = /usr/bin/
  imapsieve_mailbox2_name = Sent
  imapsieve_mailbox2_causes = APPEND
  imapsieve_mailbox2_before = file:/etc/dovecot/sieve/sent.sieve
  imapsieve_expunge_discarded=yes
}

And then in Exim4 SMTP server:

sentfolder.filter:
if $sender_address_domain is sebbe.eu then
unseen save /var/mail/asterisk2/Sent
endif

in exim4 config:
system_filter = /etc/exim4/sentfolder.filter
system_filter_file_transport = sentfolder

in transports of exim4.conf:

sentfolder:
  debug_print = "T: Sentfolder for $local_part@$domain"
  headers_add = Status: RO