Emails to multiple recipients on same server not getting delivered

Linda A. Walsh dovecot at tlinx.org
Mon Apr 5 21:59:34 EEST 2021

On 2021/04/05 11:24, John Stoffel wrote:

> Steve> When I send an email to a single user on a server, it is received by the
> Steve> user without a problem. But when sending to multiple users, the emails
> Steve> disappear into a black hole. The logs contain no errors and indicate the
> Steve> emails were sent:

-----
    FWIW -- if one or more of those users have their email accounts hosted
at google, they have a practice of deleting multiple copies of an
email that would goto different addresses.  Since all of those emails
are the same, they wanted to ensure they only needed to store it once.

    (this is similar to the problem of people sending to the original author
and to a list.  Thanks to the google change, usually the 2nd copy that
takes a bit longer due to going through list software) This disregards
instructions to send dups of the message to other addresses.