Emails to multiple recipients on same server not getting delivered

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Mon Apr 5 22:27:34 EEST 2021

>> So where are you calling Spamassassin for each email?  Hmm... maybe
>> you need to have -d ${recipient} in your spamassassin call?
>> Or better yet, call the 'deliver' program from dovecot like I showed
>> isntead.
>>
>> spamass-dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>> virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual-alias-maps
>> virtual_mailbox_maps = sqlite:/etc/postfix/virtual_users.cf
>> virtual_transport = spamass-dovecot

Steve> I've simplified the configuration by turning off spamassassin and
Steve> removing any mention of it from master.cf. Things are working now. But
Steve> I'm still baffled why basically the same master.cf config is working on
Steve> one server but not another. I wonder if different SA configs might be
Steve> the problem.

Have you setup "spamassassin-recipient_limit = 1" in your postfix.cf
file, assuming you're still delivering with spamassassin in your
master.cf?

Also, what do the postfix logs show?  And the spamassassin logs?  And
syslog in general?

I suspect you're only delivering to the first recipient, in the email,
and not calling the delivery for each and every local recipient
individually.

John