imapsieve and master user

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Apr 7 03:13:27 EEST 2021

On 04/04/2021 22:19, André Rodier wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have am imap sieve script, running fine.
>
> I would like to check, if it is possible, inside the sieve script, if
> the current user is a master user or not.
> I believe this is probably not possible.
>
> Otherwise, if it is not possible, I would like to check for an external
> condition, like an existing file in /tmp or in the mail dir folder, for
> instance.
>
> The issue is that I want my imap sieve script behave differently if the
> master user is connected.
>
> Thanks for any piece of advice.

Maybe you could fudge something by adding a sieve_env_ field to master
user's userdb lookup and configuring the vnd.dovecot.environment extension:

https://github.com/dovecot/pigeonhole/blob/master/doc/extensions/vnd.dovecot.environment.txt
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dovecot/pigeonhole/master/doc/rfc/spec-bosch-sieve-dovecot-environment.txt