Sieve doesn't work after LTMP Director implementation

Gonzalo Palacios Goicolea gonzalo.palacios at externo.uam.es
Mon Apr 12 10:28:24 EEST 2021

Hi All,

We're running dovecot director por proxying imap/pop queries to the
backends. Yesterday we add LMTP proxying and it works fine, but we have
realized that Sieve filters are no longer working after this change. Is
it mandatory to add some config to the directors or backends after
implementing LMTP through Director?

We use

dovecot-pigeonhole-2.2.36-8.el7.x86_64
dovecot-2.2.36-8.el7.x86_64

This is director servers config, if you also need backends config,
please let me know

doveconf -n
# 2.2.36 (1f10bfa63): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.24 (124e06aa)
# OS: Linux 3.10.0-1160.15.2.el7.x86_64 x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server release 7.9 (Maipo)
# Hostname: hidden
auth_cache_negative_ttl = 5 mins
auth_cache_size = 64 M
auth_cache_ttl = 5 mins
auth_failure_delay = 5 secs
auth_verbose = yes
default_client_limit = 40000
default_process_limit = 5500
director_mail_servers = Hidden
director_servers = Hidden
disable_plaintext_auth = no
doveadm_port = 24245
listen = *
lmtp_proxy = yes
mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate mime foreverypart extracttext
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   mailbox Drafts {
     special_use = \Drafts
   }
   mailbox Junk {
     special_use = \Junk
   }
   mailbox Sent {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox Trash {
     special_use = \Trash
   }
   prefix =
}
passdb {
   args = proxy=y nopassword=y
   driver = static
}
plugin {
   mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge mailbox_delete
mailbox_rename mailbox_create save
   mail_log_fields = uid box msgid from subject
   sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
}
service director {
   fifo_listener login/proxy-notify {
     mode = 0666
     user = $default_login_user
   }
   inet_listener {
     port = 9090
   }
   unix_listener director-userdb {
     mode = 0600
   }
   unix_listener login/director {
     mode = 0666
   }
}
service doveadm {
   inet_listener {
     port = 24245
   }
}
service imap-login {
   executable = imap-login director
}
service ipc {
   unix_listener ipc {
     user = dovecot
   }
}
service lmtp {
   inet_listener lmtp {
     address = x.x.x.x
     port = 24
   }
}
service managesieve-login {
   executable = managesieve-login director
}
service pop3-login {
   executable = pop3-login director
}
ssl = no
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key =  # hidden, use -P to show it
syslog_facility = local1
protocol lmtp {
   auth_socket_path = director-userdb
}
protocol doveadm {
   auth_socket_path = director-userdb
}
local 10.10.10.0/24 {
   doveadm_password =  # hidden, use -P to show it
}

Thanks in advance and best regards

--

*Gonzalo Palacios Goicolea*
U.T de Infraestructura de Equipos Centrales