json_parse_number broken by compiler optimization

Timo Sirainen timo at sirainen.com
Tue Apr 13 17:17:46 EEST 2021

On 1. Apr 2021, at 19.14, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeff.sipek at open-xchange.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:26:14 -0400, Josef 'Jeff' Sipek wrote:

>>> Indeed, I wonder what I tried yesterday in regard to LTO then .. :-/
>>> I can confirm that disabling LTO fixes the issue for me as well and
>>> for now that should be a good mitigation until the root cause is found
>>> and fixed.
>>
>> Sounds good.  Thanks for the confirmation.
>
> Does the following patch make the tests pass for you?  We still need to
> clean it up a bit, but I figured I'd share the work-in-progress version to
> make sure we're seeing the same issues as you.  (And the obvious disclaimer:
> this patch hasn't gone through the usual before-commit scrutiny, so don't
> ship it.)

The fix is now merged to master. It ended up being a bit different (simpler) from what Jeff sent to the list. The main fixes are:

https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/4e5bb6738d8907ede8ec157d07463a8e77293ba8 <https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/4e5bb6738d8907ede8ec157d07463a8e77293ba8>
https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/1d9b4e14008b15b7a34b5c633b09b9670e866256 <https://github.com/dovecot/core/commit/1d9b4e14008b15b7a34b5c633b09b9670e866256>