mail_max_userip_connections per remote IP not working

Koga Hayashi hayashi at progdence.co.jp
Fri Apr 16 09:33:18 EEST 2021

Alessio,

> remote 1.2.3.4 {
> }

This isn't supported.
You can only set the same max connection for all userips.

protocol imap {
  mail_max_userip_connections = 100
}

The conf above will act :
 - 1.2.3.4's max connections will be set to 100 when using imap connection.
 - 1.2.3.5's max connections will be set to 100 when using imap connection.
 - and so on. Every connection to imap will have max connection limit, 100.

If you want to limit max connections only for a specific ip, you might want to do that on your firewall.