CA certs for Dovecot-as-client (proxy)

justina colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Wed Apr 21 23:07:10 EEST 2021

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:13:01 AM AKDT Aki Tuomi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This is unfortunately a bug, see note in
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/authentication/proxies/
>
> "ssl_client_ca_dir or ssl_client_ca_file aren’t currently used for verifying
> the remote certificate, although ideally they will be in a future Dovecot
> version. For now you need to add the trusted remote certificates to
> ssl_ca."
>
> Aki
FWIW, I always thought Aki was a man's name, but they're calling it a baby
girl's name if you look it up on Google. You couldn't make this stuff up if
you tried.
 * https://www.thebump.com/b/aki-baby-name
I don't like the Microsoft-dominated scene here any more than anyone else
does. If a guy has to clear his throat in a court of law or something like
that over every little bug or issue to have it fixed, then there's quite a mob
of organized criminal spammers on the mailing list, and of course the law
enforcement community is always on their side when they spam vice pills down
our throats via e-mail.