Live migrating index/control files

azurit at pobox.sk azurit at pobox.sk
Mon Apr 26 17:03:50 EEST 2021

Citát Eirik Rye <rye at trojka.no>:

>> On 26 Apr 2021, at 15:14, Eirik Rye <rye at trojka.no> wrote:
>>
>> Both ~/Maildir and /mail/{control,index}/ are separate NFS-mounts,
>> and we now want to consolidate all files to the user's home
>> directory instead. The end goal is to stop using NFS altogether.
>
> Some more background information:
>
> - Running 2.3.13 (89f716dc2)
>
> - The rsync is run from the user's current mapped backend (from
> `doveadm director status <user>`), in hopes to reduce NFS-related
> issues
>
> - Kicking is done through one of the directors, to ensure all of the
> user's connections are kicked.
>
> Best regards,
> Eirik

Btw, if your control files are OUTSIDE maildir and you are moving them
back INSIDE maildir, notice (for example in my script) that .INBOX
directory doesn't exists in maildir and control files for INBOX are
placed directly in maildir instead. This is probably why you are
failing to prevent resync/redownload.