connection closes every 10 minutes

Marco Fioretti marco.fioretti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 18:23:00 EEST 2021

update on this:

to make a long story short....

1) I did run mutt with debug enabled , but could not recognize anything useful

2) I had the same problem with mutt from my laptop

3) a few days ago I received a new modem from my ISP, as part of their
network upgrade operations

4) more or less in the same moment the problem I reported here
disappeared. Now mutt stays connected even 24 hours without losing
connection.

I am NOT 100% sure that the problem disappeared AFTER the change of
modem. That happened during a few chaotic days, both work- and
family-wise, so I did not take notes. And modems may have nothing to
do at all with the disconnections. But now the problem is not there
anymore, I have no clue what may have happened, and if anybody can
guess... thanks in advance.