Dovecot and mutt

Chris Bennett chris-dvcot at freedomforlife.rocks
Tue Feb 2 01:23:25 EET 2021

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 08:52:14AM -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
> I have tried, but failed,. To write a sieve and script to strip HTML parts of messages and if the message is only HTML to pipe it through w3m and add the html portion as an emo attachment (in case it has links that need clicking, like on some 'confirm you exist' emails.

I truly hate those. Most often they now require Javascript, too.
I use ssh and neomutt. I'm going to write a macro to take the html
attachment and put it in a website directory. I've been doing it the
long hard manual way. I hate forced javascript. No excuse but sloppiness
to have that on a confirm you exist page.

In any case, this is just nice to vent a little steam out.
I don't think we can do much except chastise users of mailing lists.
Sounds like a good macro to send a polite form letter reply to evildoers.

> Honestly, I do not main HTML per se, it is when the HTML specifies font size, colors, background colors, and other garbage like that that I despise it. A well formed HTML message is is fine, but those are very rare.

+1

Thanks for the great software and long hard work to find the most
miniscule hidden bugs!

Chris Bennett