doveadm expunge logging

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Thu Feb 4 14:52:17 EET 2021

Hello.

dovecot 2.3.13 here, using

doveadm -c /etc/my.conf expunge -A mailbox SomeFolder savedbefore 31d

and my.conf includes

plugin {
  mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge copy mailbox_delete
mailbox_rename save
}

unfortunately expunged messages are not logged anywhere.

Tried -v and -D to see if these will get logged to output (so I could
pipe these to syslog) but verbose/debug also don't show which messages
were expunged.

Is there a way to get this logged?

Log like regular dovecot logs would be nice:

doveadm(arekm): pid=<14783>, expunge: box=INBOX, uid=0,
msgid=<E1l2ZJp-0002NM-Vv at example.com>, size=15077

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )