Getting panic in http-client-request.c: line 1240 during indexing on Ubuntu 20.04

deano-dovecot at areyes.com deano-dovecot at areyes.com
Mon Feb 8 22:49:38 EET 2021

On 2021-02-08 1:29 pm, John Fawcett wrote:

> On 08/02/2021 18:40, deano-dovecot at areyes.com wrote:
>
> On 2021-02-07 7:32 pm, John Fawcett wrote:
>
> On 07/02/2021 20:15, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 07 Feb 2021, at 02:07, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote: On 06 Feb 2021, at 11:06, John Fawcett <john at voipsupport.it> wrote: 19.08.20 Is that a malformed ISO date 2019-08-20 or a truncated europeans style 19-08-2020?
 Either way, I cannot find the message in my dovecot folder. Closest I
can find is Message-ID:
<20200820141341.GA1751 at meili.valhalla.31bits.net> from the 2020-08-20 at
16:13:52 but there is no patch in that mail.

here's the post in the list archives

https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2020-August/119703.html [1]

Do we have when (or even if) that patch will make it into the main ? I
would really rather prefer pulling from repo ...

+1 from me.

I'd like to see this patch (or something equivalent go in). Without this
Tika is unusable for me.

Tika is also unusable in my opinion without the (basic) limits on
processing unbounded amounts of text. There is also another patch
introducing basic auth which I find useful since my Tika server is
password protected.

If all three could make it into the repo then I could avoid manual
patching that I do at each release.

Unfortunately they don't make the source repos (deb-src
http://repo.dovecot.org/.....) available, at least as far as I've found.
So patching the .deb is not a simple affair.

Normally it would be a case of

> apt-get source dovecot-solr

which would grab the whole dovecot tree, then patching, then a few deb
builder cmds to rebuild the .debs. Simple (ish) ...

Are you installing from source tarballs, or rebuilding debs ? What's
your environment ?

DC

Links:
------