AW: Monitoring Dovecot Replication

MK dovecot-ml at mk.de
Thu Feb 18 17:54:58 EET 2021

Hello Andrea,

thanks for sharing your script to the community.

But think your script does not solve my problem. Monitoring failed replication with the output of "doveadm replicator status"
I have allready tried. In my opinion there is nothing in this output and also in other status output I found that shows me the
user that failed longer time and where the replication process does not solve this failure by itself.
I'm searching for something that shows me an alarm if dovecot could not fix a replication by itself
after > 10 min. With my experience the most replication failures where fixed by dovecot automatically
in under 10 min. Because dovecot starts every 5min another try.
Or did you have a logic outside this script, maybe in Check_MK that knows when a user is greater than 10 min
out of replication or something like hat? Until now I don't unterstand how this works for you as monitoring the
replication.

To understand my side better. We are using OpenNMS to monior our servers and in this case I would use a
nrpe check on the cluster to monitor this. OpenNMS polls this check every 5 min and if it gives a fail result
I have an alarm. Maybe this helps a little bit to understand my problem.

Regards,
Oliver