Sieve by the addressee

ml at shadrinden.ru ml at shadrinden.ru
Sat Feb 20 16:44:30 EET 2021

Hi, everyone!

I have a sieve that is supposed to put all messages addressed to this mailing list into a separate folder:

if anyof (address :is "to" "ml at shadrinden.ru",
          address :is "to" "dovecot at dovecot.org") {
  fileinto "mail_list";
  stop;
}

Generally, it's working, but today I have got two mailing list messages that weren't put in that folder, they arrived straight into INBOX. I suppose that was because they were replies and were addressed to the person who asked the questions, so they had his address in "To:", and only in "Cc:" they had dovecot at dovecot.org.

So, am I right that, when filtering messages by the addressee, it's generally a good idea to use not just "to", but ["to", "cc', "bcc"] ?

--
Respectfully,
Denis Shadrin