doveadm copy not respecting quotas?

MAREN ZUBIZARRETA maren.zubizarreta at ehu.eus
Wed Feb 24 12:04:54 EET 2021

Hello:

 I have a problema with the quotas at my system with dovecot 2.3.9.2, y use:

quota_rule5 = RECUPERADOS_VGTIC:ignore

I want to be free of quota limits at that mailbox RECUPERADOS_VGTIC when copying messages from "lazy_expunge" folder

To recover from backup I use doveadm copy:  doveadm copy -u nppgiibi RECUPERADOS_VGTIC mailbox .BORRADOS_VGTIC/sent-mail ALL

But when I do so, quota for this mailbox RECUPERADOS_VGTIC is not ignored, and it grows to 200%
Is this a bug? Or there is something that I'm doing wrongly?

Thanks for your help.

Maren

PD: My config file for quotas follows below:

  /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-quota.conf

# Quota

mail_vsize_bg_after_count = 100

# Limits