doveadm user '*' vs sssd: enumeration works only once

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Thu Feb 25 18:03:11 EET 2021

Heiko Schlittermann <hs at schlittermann.de> (Do 25 Feb 2021 12:17:55 CET):

> I'm not sure about the semantics of setpwent()/endpwent(), mayb the nss
> plugin (here sssd) should gracefully handle a missing endwent() if it
> sees a new setpwent(). But I think, it can't harm to call endpwent() on
> the dovecot side.
>
> I deployed a debian package with the above patch added onto my system,
> and it seems to work.

I added a small patch to the sssd nss module, preventivly calling its
internal endpwent() function, prior to setpwent(). This way I achive the
same result, the user's list ist complete now.

So, IMHO the bottom line is: it's not clear if a successive setpwent()
should imply an automatic endpwent() on the nss side.

--
Heiko