migrating users to new server, dsync ?

Yassine Chaouche a.chaouche at algerian-radio.dz
Tue Mar 2 11:27:19 EET 2021

Le 3/2/21 à 2:48 AM, Voytek Eymont a écrit :
 > I have Dovecot 2.3.13 on new server, 2.3.11 on 'old' server,Centos 6,
 > old server still has a couple domains and about a dozen users, what's a
 > the best way to migrate user mailboxes to new server (Maildir), use
 > 'dsync' , is that the way to do it ?

 > TIA,

Hello Voytek,

I have already used rsync succesfully to move users and their mails.
I still use rsync to make periodic and automated backups of their e-mails.
Maildir here too. You might want to fine-tune it to avoid copying
temporary files and locks cause they disappear quick and make rsync
complain it couldn't transfer all the files because they disappeared in
the meantime.

-- Yassine