LDA File Permissions

David Morsberger david at mmpcrofton.com
Wed Mar 3 14:19:40 EET 2021

All,

I am looking for an easy way to setup LDA so that it creates files with group read permission. Currently LDA/Sieve create the '.dovecot.lda-dupes’ file with ‘0600’. My backup process needs to be able to read the file because it runs as a user that is in the same group as the LDA process. I looked into the source code and the file is opened with mode ‘0666’ as "

fd = open(lock_info->lock_path, O_RDWR | O_EXCL | O_CREAT, 0666);

This implies it is a umask issue.

What is the best way to view and set the umask value for the LDA process on Ubuntu 20.04?

Thanks,
David