JMAP support?

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Mon Mar 8 11:15:43 EET 2021

On 8/3/21 18:08, @lbutlr wrote:
>> Two years on so what is the status of JMAP support in Dovecot now?
>
> I don't think anything has changed on this front. Last I saw, only
> Cyrus has partial support for JMAP mail, but not the other parts of
> JMAP.

Such a pity. I just two weeks battling with Cyrus-imapd just to test
out the Cypht JMAP client and frankly Cyrus is an ill-documented PITA,
to put it bluntly.

 From charter-ietf-jmap-03 "Now that draft-ietf-jmap-mail is completed,
the working group will produce specifications for related data types,
beginning with calendars and contacts." So "JSON Mail Access Protocol"
is done and jmap + websockets is on the way...

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8887.html

so I guess, minus cyrus-imapd, it's down to these fledgling projects...

https://github.com/search?q=jmap+server

No doubt I will ask about Dovecots JMAP status in another 12 months.