not getting internal errors logged

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Mon Mar 8 16:35:16 EET 2021

Hello.

dovecot 2.3.13, 2.3.14

web imap client when doing search is getting error induced by me by
deleting lucene-indexes folder:

UID SEARCH: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more
information. [2021-03-08 15:08:01] (0.002 + 0.000 + 0.001 secs).

but I'm not getting that internal error logged in syslog. Other
information like from lmtp, imap logging in, out etc is logged just fine.

In my configs
log_path
info_log_path
debug_log_path

are not set, so dovecot default syslog is used. Tested log_path =
/tmp/file.txt, too but the effect was the same (regular logs logged
there, internal errors not logged)

stracing dovecot process I see error message only write()n once (to
client) but nowhere else (in a strace visible way).

Is anything else controlling internal errors logging? Can't find
anything in docs.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )