Panic: file mdbox-map.c: line 1494 (mdbox_map_get_uid_validity): assertion failed: (map->view != NULL)

Justina Colmena ~biz justina at colmena.biz
Fri Mar 12 05:43:47 EET 2021

Is this a new zero-day denial-of-service attack or a new CVE being exploited? Dovecot suddenly started acting really strangely on my system lately. PAM authentication started failing randomly, so I reconfigured for shadow authentication instead, which works now, but messages I have received from other domains since about 11:00 am AKST today are "invisible" and not being synced in my inbox for some reason.

Something is really, really bad is going on.