Ability to put dovecot version in received header

Kamil Jońca kjonca at op.pl
Wed Mar 17 14:50:26 EET 2021

Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com> writes:

>> On 17/03/2021 11:19 Kamil Jońca <kjonca at op.pl> wrote:
>>

>> I know that some time ago there was a discussion and this is conscious
>> decision to remove dovecot version from headers during lmtp
>> delievery. But is it possible to restore it as an option?
>> --
>> http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html
>
> It would be easier to consider this is you'd tell why?

1. other programs (Postfix,exim,fetchmmail,opensmtp, sendmail) - do
this, at least program name.

2. sometimes I would to know when new version really started to deliver
messages.

I understand privacy and security (by obscurity) concerns, so I do not
insist it should be fixed string, but rather option.
KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html